Friends of imagine1day, Inc. (imagine1day) is a U.S. based non-profit organization that funds the direct development of quality education in Ethiopia through the construction of schools and educational trainings to Ethiopian adults and children. Our model also includes investment in leadership tools and programs to ensure our impact is seen well into the future. Rather than waiting for people to prove themselves, we focus on providing them with the tools to be great now. We’re committed to the possibility that by 2030, all Ethiopians will have access to quality education free of foreign aid. We set big goals, apply long-term thinking and share our results with full transparency.
Imagine1day seeks a skilled Grant Writer with a proven track record scouting, crafting and submitting successful proposals to foundations, government, corporate, and private funding prospects. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of grant-related deadlines.
- Manage the full range of activities required to prepare, write, and submit grant proposals to foundation, corporate, and government agencies, including, but not limited to, letters of intent, concept notes, and grant proposals and reports.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for submission.
- Work with staff to ensure selected grant reporting requirements are met, including writing, editing and submitting written reports
- At least 5 to 7 years grant writing experience.
- Proven track record with grants tailored to international education specific to sub-Saharan Africa
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to seek and synthesize information and relay information in a compelling and succinct manner
- Ability to work independently
Must provide list of grants written, dates they were submitted and funding amounts awarded.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Only applications being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.